- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups toasted rice cereal
- HEAT morsels and 3/4 cup peanut butter in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth; remove from heat.
- Add sugar; stir vigorously until smooth.
- PLACE cereal in large bowl.
- Add 1 cup melted chocolate mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Using small metal spatula, shape into 10-inch circle with slightly raised 1-inch-wide border. Pour remaining chocolate mixture in center of circle; spread to border.
- FOR SPIDERWEB:
- PLACE remaining peanut butter in small, heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to pipe concentric circles on top of chocolate.
- Using wooden pick or tip of sharp knife, pull tip through peanut butter from center to border. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into wedges.
NotesThis crispy snack is topped with a layer of chocolate and then decorated with a thin piping of peanut butter. A candy spider on top would complete the image for a creepy Halloween treat!