- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 pounds chicken, cubed
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons crushed dried
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh-ground black
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in
- water for 30 minutes
- Place the cubed chicken into a large resealable plastic bag or container, add the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, garlic, garlic salt, oregano, garlic salt, mint, basil, and black pepper. Seal the container and shake until combined. Refrigerate for 1 to 3 days, shaking the container to turn the meat every 6 to 8 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate. When you are ready to cook, remove meat from the marinade and place on skewers.
- Place the skewers on the preheated grill and cook, turning every three minutes until cooked through and the internal temperature of the meat reaches 170 degrees F (75 degrees C). Be careful not to overcook or the meat will be very dry. Serve the grilled meat on Italian bread or hot dog rolls.
NotesSpiedies are the pride and joy of the Greater Binghamton area of N.Y. They are such an important part of life there that the biggest party of the year celebrates them - The Spiedie Festival and Balloon Rally brings thousands into the area every summer. Chunks of chicken (my favorite), pork, lamb (traditional) or venison are marinated in a mixture of oil, vinegar and herbs for 1 to 3 days, skewered, grilled and served on Italian bread with no condiments."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
My Family CookbookSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More