- Cooking Time: 60-70 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 large bag baby spinach, leaves picked and chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 cup uncooked quinoa), made according to package directions
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- cooking spray and bread crumbs for the pan
- sour cream and hot sauce for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat an 8-by-8-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with olive-oil spray.
- Coat with breadcrumbs; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan.
- Add onion, mushrooms, zucchini, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and red-pepper flakes, and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add spinach, quinoa, cottage cheese, pepper, and eggs to the onion mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, and place in the oven.
- Bake until set and edges are brown, 60 to 70 minutes.
- Slice, and serve warm, with hot sauce and sour cream.
NotesAdapted from a Martha recipe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Adventures in CookingSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More