- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup uncooked quiona
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 5-6 cups baby spinach or other dark, leafy greens
- 1 cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Stir in golden raisins, then set aside to cool.
- Rinse spinach thoroughly, then toss with olive oil. Add cucumber slices and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss cooled quinoa with spinach mixture. Serve!
NotesThe idea was simple enough: leftover quinoa with golden raisins, some spinach, cucumbers, and a dash of olive oil.
I used leftover quinoa, warmed up slightly in the microwave. I would suggest making the quinoa ahead of time and cooling, or the spinach will wilt. Unless you like wilted spinach, then by all means make this a warm salad instead. Substitute any salad ingredients you like, utilizing whatever is on hand