- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup half and half or cream
- 1 can (15 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 boxes (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and water dried out
- 1 & 1/2 cups shredded Italian 4 cheese blend
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan heat oil and add butter. When butter melts add garlic and onions.
Sprinkle in thyme leaves, saute 2 minutes and add red pepper. Saute one more minute, then sprinkle in flour, stir and cook 1 minute.
Whisk in wine and reduce by half.
Whisk in stock and thicken sauce, 1 minute.
Stir in half and half. When sauce bubbles add artichokes, spinach and cheese.
Keep stirring until cheese melts and sauce is well combined.
Add salt and pepper to taste