SPINACH AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 packages (10 ounce size) fresh spinach, rinsed and stems removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place spinach in a large pot. Wilt over medium heat; drain, squeezing or pressing out excess water. Place in prepared baking dish and top with salt, 4 T melted butter, onion and 1/2 of the cheese. Layer mushrooms on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.