- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is Pete's Recipe for Freezable Spinach Artichoke Dip
If you are going to make this dip for a party, you might as well save time by freezing enough for a quicker party next time
Yield: about 7 cups
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts, (14 oz) drained
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 lb fresh spinach (wilted)
- 2- 8 oz. pkgs cream cheese, room temp
- 8 oz Monterey jack cheese
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese (about 2 C)
- If using FRESH spinach: quickly wilt 1 1/2 lb. fresh spinach in 2 quarts boiling water and 1 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt (about 1 minute), then drained and squeezed dry.
- In a food processor, add the artichoke hearts, garlic, sour cream, parmesan cheese. Add the wilted spinach and the cream cheese (cut into chunks).
- Pulse in processor until artichokes are in small chunks and spinach is in small pieces.
- Change to shredding blade, shred Monterey jack cheese on top of the other ingredients in bowl. Add the Mozzarella cheese to shred.
- Change back to Blade
- Pulse Processor until ingredients are well mixed, but still some texture (don't puree).
- Freeze 1 1/2 or 2 cups in Ziplock bags
- Just remove from bag and heat in microwave safe bowl until bubbling (2 to 3 minutes) OR:
- Bake in Heat Proof Bowl in 375° Oven until bubbling.
- Serve with crackers, toasted pita bread, garlic chips, etc.
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More