- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts, (14 oz) drained
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 lb fresh spinach (wilted)
- 2- 8 oz. pkgs cream cheese, room temp
- 8 oz Monterey jack cheese
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese (about 2 C)
- If using FRESH spinach: quickly wilt 1 1/2 lb. fresh spinach in 2 quarts boiling water and 1 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt (about 1 minute), then drained and squeezed dry.
- In a food processor, add the artichoke hearts, garlic, sour cream, parmesan cheese. Add the wilted spinach and the cream cheese (cut into chunks).
- Pulse in processor until artichokes are in small chunks and spinach is in small pieces.
- Change to shredding blade, shred Monterey jack cheese on top of the other ingredients in bowl. Add the Mozzarella cheese to shred.
- Change back to Blade
- Pulse Processor until ingredients are well mixed, but still some texture (don't puree).
- Freeze 1 1/2 or 2 cups in Ziplock bags
- Just remove from bag and heat in microwave safe bowl until bubbling (2 to 3 minutes) OR:
- Bake in Heat Proof Bowl in 375° Oven until bubbling.
- Serve with crackers, toasted pita bread, garlic chips, etc.
NotesThis is Pete's Recipe for Freezable Spinach Artichoke Dip
If you are going to make this dip for a party, you might as well save time by freezing enough for a quicker party next time
Yield: about 7 cups
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
It's all about that protein
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More