SPINACH BROCCOLI PARMESAN BALLS
Spinach Broccoli Parmesan Balls
- Cooking Time: Approximately 25 minutes
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1 10-oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 10-oz package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 5 eggs
- 2 small onions, minced...or you can even grate it it into the mixture
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Pecorino Romano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 3/4 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
- Reynolds Parchment Paper
Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
Squeeze the excess water from the spinach and broccoli by using either an old clean towel, paper towels, or your hands...which ever method is used make sure to squeeze well to remove all the excess. Once done put it in a large mixing bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well by hand.
Form the mixture into bite-size balls (about 1-inch diameter), either by hand or with the smallest cookie scoop you have.
Place the balls close together on a baking sheet lined with Reynolds Parchment Paper.
Bake in the top half of the oven until firm to the touch, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, and then transfer to a platter. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Next process was the addition of broccoli along with the spinach and that was a hit with family and friends. So now I have adapted the original recipe to the tastes of family and friends with even better taste and less fat.
Website Credit: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/party-line-with-the-hearty-boys/spinach-parmesan-balls-recipe/index.html