- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryEasy and tasty.
- Whole grain bread, cut into circles (or for a holiday flair you can use cookie cutters of choice)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small root veggie (such as carrot, jicama, water chestnut), finely chopped
- 1T chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 pepper jack cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all, except bread and pepper jack ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread mixture evenly on bread rounds.
- Sprinkle pepper jack on top.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in 375-degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- Best served warm