SPINACH LASAGNA ROLLS
Spinach Lasagna Rolls
- 1 brick (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked, drained (gluten free)
- 2 cups alfredo sauce (homemade or store bought)
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix cream cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella and Parmesan until well blended; spread onto noodles. Roll up tightly.
Place seam-sides down, in 9-inch sq. baking dish; top with sauce and remaining cheeses.
Bake 30 min. or until heated through.
This is a pretty versatile recipe. Aside from spinach, you can add other ingredients like sauteed mushrooms, chopped artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, etc. It serves as a great base recipe to start so use your imagination and whatever you have on hand! The trickiest part of the recipe is handling the noodles. I used gluten free lasagna noodles but you can use the regular kind if gluten free isn't your thing. There's a couple ways to go about it - buy the standard dry lasagna, boil, drain and cool... or buy the no boil dry lasagna, soak in hot water to make pliable, drain and cool. Either way is fine so just go with whatever you prefer. Once the noodles are pliable to roll, simply fill and roll! This is also great to make in advance as well...