- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 11 lasagna noodles
- Vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 2 Tbl. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 bags fresh spinach, washed
- 8-16 oz. mozzarella, shredded - divided
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- Olive oil
- Cook noodles until al dente, drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet (or use a non-stick skillet) and sauté onion, garlic, tomatoes and mushrooms. When vegetables are soft, add herbs. Chop the spinach and add to the skillet and stir till it is wilted. Simmer.
- Reserve 1/2-1 cup of mozzarella, in a large bowl combine the cheeses. Pour vegetables into the cheese mixture and mix thoroughly. Coat the bottom of an 8x13-inch pan with olive oil. Place four noodles in bottom of pan, overlap slightly. Sprinkle a 1/3 of the veggie mixture over the noodles. Place four more noodles over the veggie mixture and another 1/3 of veggie mixture. Top with three noodles and the remaining 1/3 of veggie mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and bake for 30 minutes. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
NotesNot your traditional lasagna, since there is no sauce. Instead a mixture of veggies and cheese are layered between lasagna noodles.
I got this recipe online years ago. I made few minor changes to the original recipe. This is how I prepare it:
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More