- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 11 lasagna noodles
- Vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 2 Tbl. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 bags fresh spinach, washed
- 8-16 oz. mozzarella, shredded - divided
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- Olive oil
- Cook noodles until al dente, drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet (or use a non-stick skillet) and sauté onion, garlic, tomatoes and mushrooms. When vegetables are soft, add herbs. Chop the spinach and add to the skillet and stir till it is wilted. Simmer.
- Reserve 1/2-1 cup of mozzarella, in a large bowl combine the cheeses. Pour vegetables into the cheese mixture and mix thoroughly. Coat the bottom of an 8x13-inch pan with olive oil. Place four noodles in bottom of pan, overlap slightly. Sprinkle a 1/3 of the veggie mixture over the noodles. Place four more noodles over the veggie mixture and another 1/3 of veggie mixture. Top with three noodles and the remaining 1/3 of veggie mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and bake for 30 minutes. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
NotesNot your traditional lasagna, since there is no sauce. Instead a mixture of veggies and cheese are layered between lasagna noodles.
I got this recipe online years ago. I made few minor changes to the original recipe. This is how I prepare it:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Lau Family Recipes
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More