- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce, divided
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked (or enough to fill pan in layers) 1 cup water
- Grease a 9 x 13 x 3-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, egg, spinach, oregano, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, combine zucchini, carrots and 1 cup sauce.
- In prepared pan, layer 1 cup sauce, 3 of the noodles and half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Add 3 more noodles and the zucchini/carrot/sauce mixture. Continue with 3 more noodles and remaining ricotta cheese mixture. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Pour water around the edges of the pan. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- To prepare, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake, covered, for 60 to 70 minutes. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Servings: Serves 12.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Food Travels Through Italy
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce