- Servings: 12
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce, divided
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked (or enough to fill pan in layers) 1 cup water
Grease a 9 x 13 x 3-inch pan.
In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, egg, spinach, oregano, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, combine zucchini, carrots and 1 cup sauce.
In prepared pan, layer 1 cup sauce, 3 of the noodles and half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Add 3 more noodles and the zucchini/carrot/sauce mixture. Continue with 3 more noodles and remaining ricotta cheese mixture. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Pour water around the edges of the pan. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate overnight.
To prepare, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake, covered, for 60 to 70 minutes. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
Servings: Serves 12.