- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 preformed 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Red Onions, Shallots or Scallions, finely chopped
- 8 ounces Fresh Stemmed/Washed Spinach
- 1/4 cup Red Wine
- 3 Eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cups Half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Grated Nutmeg
- 1 cup Grated Swiss Cheese - divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pre-bake a pre-formed pie shell for about 10 minutes.
- Sautee onions in oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach to the onions and stir spinach until covered with oil.
- Immediately add the red wine and cook off.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix eggs, half-and-half and spices with a whisk or beaters.
- Place 1/2 cup (loose) of cheese in bottom of pre-baked pie shell.
- Put spinach and onion mix on top of the cheese. Cover vegetables with 1/2 cup (loose) grated cheese.
- Pour egg mixture on top of spinach and cheese to fill shell.
- Place quiche in oven, bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 or 325 and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until custard has set.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More