- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 preformed 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Red Onions, Shallots or Scallions, finely chopped
- 8 ounces Fresh Stemmed/Washed Spinach
- 1/4 cup Red Wine
- 3 Eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cups Half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Grated Nutmeg
- 1 cup Grated Swiss Cheese - divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pre-bake a pre-formed pie shell for about 10 minutes.
- Sautee onions in oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach to the onions and stir spinach until covered with oil.
- Immediately add the red wine and cook off.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix eggs, half-and-half and spices with a whisk or beaters.
- Place 1/2 cup (loose) of cheese in bottom of pre-baked pie shell.
- Put spinach and onion mix on top of the cheese. Cover vegetables with 1/2 cup (loose) grated cheese.
- Pour egg mixture on top of spinach and cheese to fill shell.
- Place quiche in oven, bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 or 325 and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until custard has set.
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN TREE
Slow Cooker Beans
Sugar-Free Blackberry White Chocolate Ice CreamSee More