- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup block-style 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add salt and spinach; sauté 3 minutes. (At first, the spinach will seem to overflow in the skillet, but keep stirring. It reduces in volume as it wilts.)
- Transfer cooked spinach mixture to a colander; press until moisture is drained from spinach.
- Put spinach, basil, cream cheese and pepper in a food processor; process until smooth. Spoon spinach mixture into a medium bowl; stir in sour cream and Parmesan. Cover and chill.
- Per 1/4-cup serving: 68 calories; 4g fat (53 percent calories from fat); 2g saturated fat; 11mg cholesterol; 4g protein; 4g carbohydrate; 1.5g sugar; 1g fiber; 223mg sodium; 118mg calcium; 233mg potassium.
NotesAdapted from Cooking Light.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More