- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryI am sure you are all in this situation...standing in the middle of your kitchen, trying to come up with something to make for dinner. I decided to put this all together and my boyfriend loved it and now wants it all the time.
Experiment with different pastas, as well as adding more broth for a more "soupier" dinner. I also like a touch of grated cheese with mine - my boyfriend doesn't.
- 1 bag spinach (I prefer the large leaf over baby leaf for this recipe)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic
- Pound of ditalini or mini rigatoni pasta
- 32 oz chicken broth
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Grated cheese (if desired)
- In large skillet, cook spinach with butter and garlic until wilted.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Remove spinach from butter/garlic and add it to broth in a large pot on medium heat.
- When pasta is completed, drain and add to broth/spinach and mix well. (If you would like a soupier dish - add more broth).
- Add salt and pepper according to taste.
- If desired, add some grated cheese.