- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 bag spinach (I prefer the large leaf over baby leaf for this recipe)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic
- Pound of ditalini or mini rigatoni pasta
- 32 oz chicken broth
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Grated cheese (if desired)
- In large skillet, cook spinach with butter and garlic until wilted.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Remove spinach from butter/garlic and add it to broth in a large pot on medium heat.
- When pasta is completed, drain and add to broth/spinach and mix well. (If you would like a soupier dish - add more broth).
- Add salt and pepper according to taste.
- If desired, add some grated cheese.
NotesI am sure you are all in this situation...standing in the middle of your kitchen, trying to come up with something to make for dinner. I decided to put this all together and my boyfriend loved it and now wants it all the time.
Experiment with different pastas, as well as adding more broth for a more "soupier" dinner. I also like a touch of grated cheese with mine - my boyfriend doesn't.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More