- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 garlic cloves -- crushed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely slice
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 12 ounce package fresh spinach
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 8-ounce package mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Small meatballs or slices of Italian sausage -- precooked (but kept hot)
- 1 lb package bow ties or penne pasta
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh ground parmesan
- Saute garlic in oil.
- Add onion and cook slightly.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Wash spinach; add to tomatoes.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- During the last five minutes add red pepper, meat, pine nuts, and mushrooms.
- Cook pasta; drain.
- Toss or layer with sauce and feta.
- Sprinkle generously with parmesan.
- Note: You can also put this in an oven-proof serving dish when the spinach is added, also adding the meat.
- Proceed as above, except cover with foil and let simmer in 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More