- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 garlic cloves -- crushed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely slice
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 12 ounce package fresh spinach
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 8-ounce package mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Small meatballs or slices of Italian sausage -- precooked (but kept hot)
- 1 lb package bow ties or penne pasta
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh ground parmesan
- Saute garlic in oil.
- Add onion and cook slightly.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Wash spinach; add to tomatoes.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- During the last five minutes add red pepper, meat, pine nuts, and mushrooms.
- Cook pasta; drain.
- Toss or layer with sauce and feta.
- Sprinkle generously with parmesan.
- Note: You can also put this in an oven-proof serving dish when the spinach is added, also adding the meat.
- Proceed as above, except cover with foil and let simmer in 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Special SmoothiesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More