- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1 1/3 cups
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. spinach Penne
- 1 cups loosely packed fresh parsely (chopped)
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 oz (1/3 cup) chopped broccoli
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 oz (2/3 cup) coarsely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (or Asiago)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- With food processor, add in garlic, nuts, cheese salt, broccoli, basil, and parsley, process until finely chopped. Add oil last and blend until all mixed well. Can be kept for 1 week. Makes about 1 1/3 cups
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and toss with pesto and top it off with addition basil and grated cheese.
NotesI LOVE the taste of garlic, basil and olive oil combination in any dish, and naturally pesto is one of my favorite thing to eat. I came across this pesto recipe and decided to add my own touch (green broccoli) to it. With the luck of the Irish (and a bit of Chinese in me), it turned out absolutely delicious! The broccoli added the additional nutritional value, and the bright green coloring, with a very subtle broccoli flavor. May the luck be with you when you try this recipe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Home cookingSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More