- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1 1/3 cups
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI LOVE the taste of garlic, basil and olive oil combination in any dish, and naturally pesto is one of my favorite thing to eat. I came across this pesto recipe and decided to add my own touch (green broccoli) to it. With the luck of the Irish (and a bit of Chinese in me), it turned out absolutely delicious! The broccoli added the additional nutritional value, and the bright green coloring, with a very subtle broccoli flavor. May the luck be with you when you try this recipe!
- 1 lb. spinach Penne
- 1 cups loosely packed fresh parsely (chopped)
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 oz (1/3 cup) chopped broccoli
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 oz (2/3 cup) coarsely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (or Asiago)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- With food processor, add in garlic, nuts, cheese salt, broccoli, basil, and parsley, process until finely chopped. Add oil last and blend until all mixed well. Can be kept for 1 week. Makes about 1 1/3 cups
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and toss with pesto and top it off with addition basil and grated cheese.