- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cubed pancetta
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach - thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese
- 4 (1 ounce) slices Provolone cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8 inch pie plate.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the red onions.
- Cook and stir until tender and transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and pancetta.
- Cook until the pancetta is crispy, about 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Mix in the spinach and feta cheese.
- Remove skillet from the heat.
- Arrange the Provolone cheese to completely cover the bottom of the prepared pie plate.
- Spoon the spinach mixture over the cheese.
- Cover with the puff pastry sheet, trimming the edges to fit the pie plate.
- Brush top of pastry with the egg white.
- Bake pie in preheated oven until the crust is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cool 1 hour before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More