SPINACH PIZZA WITH RICOTTA CHEESE
- Cooking Time: 20-25 min
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1 (9 0z) pkg frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 (15 oz) container light ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 oz) prebaked thin Italian pizza crust
- 1/2 red bell bepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup sliced purple (spanish) onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 shredded provolone cheese
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Squeeze thawed spinach until most of the moisture is removed.
In large bowl, combine spinach, ricotta cheese, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper and mix well.
Place pizza crust on pizza pan and spread crust with the spinach mixture.
Top with the red and green bell peppers and onions.
Bake 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with provolone cheese.
Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.