SPINACH RISOTTO WITH SHRIMP AND GOAT CHEESE
- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 c. uncooked Arborio rice
- 3/4 c. dry white wine
- 4 c. fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- Dash of saffron threads
- 1 (10-oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/2 c. (2-oz) crumbled goat cheese
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp to pan; saute 4 minutes or until done. Remove shrimp from pan; set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes total). Stir in cilantro, saffron, and spinach with the last 1/2 cup of broth. Add shrimp and cheese, stirring to combine. Serve immediately.