- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 c. uncooked Arborio rice
- 3/4 c. dry white wine
- 4 c. fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- Dash of saffron threads
- 1 (10-oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/2 c. (2-oz) crumbled goat cheese
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp to pan; saute 4 minutes or until done. Remove shrimp from pan; set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes total). Stir in cilantro, saffron, and spinach with the last 1/2 cup of broth. Add shrimp and cheese, stirring to combine. Serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Koken met Oma
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More