- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- added 08/18/07
- Recipe Directions & History
- 3-4 cleaned, skinless, boneless breasts
- One package of chopped frozen spinach( I used fresh from our garden
- Chopped/minced garlic in oil (the lil jars)
- One big can of pasta sauce (i really like Muir Glen Organic stuff)
- Olive oil
- Angel hair pasta
- Provolone or Mozzarella
- Garlic Bread
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 380 F
- Unwrap spinach and put in bowl, put in microwave on medium power
- Start cleaning chicken of fat and etc. Cut pockets lengthwise on the side of the breast with a good serrated knife. I like to press the breast between my hand and cutting board and use this to steady the breast for the cut.
- Dump the spinach into the bowl, there should be some juice, drain it. Put about 1 tablespoon of minced garlic in, sprinkle salt liberally, pepper if you like or a dollop of butter. Fluff together with fork.
- Open the pasta sauce, pour about half an inch in a baking dish with high sides (this is so you can start laying the breasts down in it after you stuff them)
- With your hands, grab a bunch of spinach, open the chicken breast, stuff in tightly. Lay down in baking dish.
- After all breasts are in the pan, drizzle the tops with olive oil and pour the remaining pasta sauce in pan. If you have a lot of leftover spinach, you can add a few spoonfuls for garnish around the top of dish.
- Put in oven and cook for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is 180 in thickest part
- Dont forget to put the angel hair on to boil sometime towards the end of cook time.
- About 10 mins before baking is done, sprinkle lots of shredded cheese on top, let melt.
- Serve on top of pasta with lots of sauce! The garlic bread is essential for mopping up the deeeelicious sauce. Suggested appetizer: cynny's stuffed mushrooms.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Nick's PicksSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More