- Cooking Time: 35 to 40
- Preparation Time:
- 3-4 cleaned, skinless, boneless breasts
- One package of chopped frozen spinach( I used fresh from our garden
- Chopped/minced garlic in oil (the lil jars)
- One big can of pasta sauce (i really like Muir Glen Organic stuff)
- Olive oil
- Angel hair pasta
- Provolone or Mozzarella
- Garlic Bread
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 380 F
- Unwrap spinach and put in bowl, put in microwave on medium power
- Start cleaning chicken of fat and etc.
- Cut pockets lengthwise on the side of the breast with a good serrated knife.
- I like to press the breast between my hand and cutting board and use this to steady the breast for the cut.
- Dump the spinach into the bowl, there should be some juice, drain it.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of minced garlic in, sprinkle salt liberally, pepper if you like or a dollop of butter.
- Fluff together with fork.
- Open the pasta sauce, pour about half an inch in a baking dish with high sides (this is so you can start laying the breasts down in it after you stuff them)
- With your hands, grab a bunch of spinach, open the chicken breast, stuff in tightly.
- Lay down in baking dish.
- After all breasts are in the pan, drizzle the tops with olive oil and pour the remaining pasta sauce in pan.
- If you have a lot of leftover spinach, you can add a few spoonfuls for garnish around the top of dish.
- Put in oven and cook for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is 180 in thickest part
- Don't forget to put the angel hair on to boil sometime towards the end of cook time.
- About 10 mins before baking is done, sprinkle lots of shredded cheese on top, let melt.
NotesServe on top of pasta with lots of sauce! The garlic bread is essential for mopping up the deeeelicious sauce. Suggested appetizer: cynny's stuffed mushrooms.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More