- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- - 6 Portobello caps
- - 1 Package of frozen chopped spinach
- - 1 8oz Package of low fat cream cheese (softened)
- - 1/2 cup shredded romano cheese
- - 1 Egg
- - 2 cloves garlic chopped
- - 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- - Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, romano and egg. Set aside.
- Sauté spinach in olive oil with garlic until water is absorbed. Combine spinach with the cream cheese mixture. Set aside to cool.
- Clean & remove gills from portobello caps, brush with olive oil & sprinkle with salt & pepper on both sides and broil for approx. 5 min on each side. Transfer to a shallow baking dish and fill caps with spinach mixture. Bake for 20 minutes at 350*.
NotesI'm not a huge meat-eater so whenever possible I try to find different ways to prepare mushrooms and various other vegetables as main dishes. I like pairing these mushrooms with a whole grain rice blend.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More