- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- - 6 Portobello caps
- - 1 Package of frozen chopped spinach
- - 1 8oz Package of low fat cream cheese (softened)
- - 1/2 cup shredded romano cheese
- - 1 Egg
- - 2 cloves garlic chopped
- - 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- - Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, romano and egg. Set aside.
- Sauté spinach in olive oil with garlic until water is absorbed. Combine spinach with the cream cheese mixture. Set aside to cool.
- Clean & remove gills from portobello caps, brush with olive oil & sprinkle with salt & pepper on both sides and broil for approx. 5 min on each side. Transfer to a shallow baking dish and fill caps with spinach mixture. Bake for 20 minutes at 350*.
NotesI'm not a huge meat-eater so whenever possible I try to find different ways to prepare mushrooms and various other vegetables as main dishes. I like pairing these mushrooms with a whole grain rice blend.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More