- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 pound spinach, about 2 bunches, trimmed, torn, cleaned
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, heat butter or olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook, stirring, until mushrooms are tender. Add the garlic, spinach, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking until spinach is tender.Sprinkle with fresh shredded Parmesan cheese just before serving, if desired.
- Serves 4.
NotesThis spinach dish is a delicious combination of flavors, and it's easy to prepare. Serve this as a side dish to just about any main dish meat, poultry, or seafood.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Oreo Cookie Balls
Crispy Chicken Strips
Star Anise Spice CakeSee More