- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 pound spinach, about 2 bunches, trimmed, torn, cleaned
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, heat butter or olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook, stirring, until mushrooms are tender. Add the garlic, spinach, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking until spinach is tender.Sprinkle with fresh shredded Parmesan cheese just before serving, if desired.
- Serves 4.
NotesThis spinach dish is a delicious combination of flavors, and it's easy to prepare. Serve this as a side dish to just about any main dish meat, poultry, or seafood.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Sailstad Family CookbookSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More