- Cooking Time: 65
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 package (8 oz.) jumbo pasta shells (24-26 shells)
- 2 egg whites
- - or -
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal (crushed to 2/3 cup)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided (1 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce (2 1/2 cups)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- 2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl stir together egg whites, spinach, cottage cheese, feta cheese, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, oregano, pepper and garlic. Spoon cheese mixture into shells.
- 3. In 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish or 2-quart shallow casserole coated with cooking spray arrange shells, cheese side up. Sprinkle carrots on top. Pour marinara sauce over all. Tightly cover with foil.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 350º F for 55 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 10 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
NotesThree cheeses along with spinach and Kellogg's® All-Bran® cereal stuff these pasta shells, making a hearty vegetarian entrée.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Lau Family Recipes
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More