- Cooking Time: 65
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 package (8 oz.) jumbo pasta shells (24-26 shells)
- 2 egg whites
- - or -
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal (crushed to 2/3 cup)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided (1 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce (2 1/2 cups)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- 2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl stir together egg whites, spinach, cottage cheese, feta cheese, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, oregano, pepper and garlic. Spoon cheese mixture into shells.
- 3. In 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish or 2-quart shallow casserole coated with cooking spray arrange shells, cheese side up. Sprinkle carrots on top. Pour marinara sauce over all. Tightly cover with foil.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 350º F for 55 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 10 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
NotesThree cheeses along with spinach and Kellogg's® All-Bran® cereal stuff these pasta shells, making a hearty vegetarian entrée.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More