- Cooking Time: 65
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 package (8 oz.) jumbo pasta shells (24-26 shells)
- 2 egg whites
- - or -
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal (crushed to 2/3 cup)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided (1 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce (2 1/2 cups)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- 2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl stir together egg whites, spinach, cottage cheese, feta cheese, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, oregano, pepper and garlic. Spoon cheese mixture into shells.
- 3. In 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish or 2-quart shallow casserole coated with cooking spray arrange shells, cheese side up. Sprinkle carrots on top. Pour marinara sauce over all. Tightly cover with foil.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 350º F for 55 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 10 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
NotesThree cheeses along with spinach and Kellogg's® All-Bran® cereal stuff these pasta shells, making a hearty vegetarian entrée.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
culinary karmaSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More