- Cooking Time: 11-13
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach (thawed, rinsed and drained)
- 1 package Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1 8 oz. package shredded part-skim mozzarella (you may have extra left over)
- 1 15 oz. can of RedPack tomato sauce (or make your own)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven as directed on the package of crescent rolls. Heat tomato sauce for a minute in the microwave (I usually add garlic salt, ground pepper, crushed red pepper and basil to it)
- Roll out the crescents on a baking sheet, separating them into four rectangles. Spread sauce on the crescent dough.
- Add some spinach.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Starting at one end fold, and roll the crescents to make it into a pocket. Gently tucking it under.
- Brush the tops with olive oil.
- Bake for about 11 - 13 minutes. (I always start with 11 and put it back in if it needs to go longer.) Serve with the remainder of sauce on the side for dipping.
NotesWhoever created Pillsbury Crescent Rolls is a genius. Yes, they make good rolls, but you can make so many different recipes with them, including this super fast spinach and mozzarella pockets. I eat these for dinner or take them to work and heat them in the microwave the next day. Either way you eat them, they taste excellent, and take less than a half hour to make!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Get Fit With Good Food!
Koken met OmaSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More