- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5-10 mins
- 2 large bunches of organic baby spinach, washed and dried
- 8 hard boiled organic eggs chopped finely
- 1 tin of organic red kidney beans drained and rinsed thoroughly
- Put the spinach in your salad bowl and arrange the kidney beans in a large mound. Make a smaller mound of chopped egg on top, and sit aside until ready to dress.
- ½ cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp Hot English Mustard
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic minced.
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- cracked pepper to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in the blender and pulse until well combined.
- Alternatively you can put in a glass jar and shake vigorously.
- Pour the dressing over right before serving, and toss gradually, being careful not to saturate. Less is more with this dressing, as it can be very rich. I always have dressing left over. If you are taking this salad to an event, take the dressing in a jar, and toss just before serving. As they say in the salad kingdom – dress and devour!
NotesThere are tons of delicious spinach salad recipes out there. But this recipe holds a special place in my heart. We have been eating this in my family for years. My auntie contributed this spinach salad to a charity cook book, and we have all been sucking in the spinach with gratitude ever since. The original recipe contained fried bacon pieces. I substitute this for kidney beans, which is a fantastic alternative for vegetarians. You still get the protein, and also the splash of red color. For me, the mark of a good salad is – one where there is a great mix of flavors and colors; a good dose of nutrients; and you are able to grab a perfect bite with every lift of the fork. This spinach salad recipe checks all the boxes for me. It is packed with protein and iron; is easy on the eyes; and can be prepared in a jiffy – Popeye would be proud.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More