- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup minus 1 tbsp (110 ml) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) table salt
- 1/2 tsp (3 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (1 ml) ground allspice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) 1 percent buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) grated apple (about 1 large apple, cored, unpeeled and grated)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups, set aside.
- Whisk dry ingredients in large bowl to combine.
- In second bowl, whisk wet ingredients (except apple) to combine.
- Add grated apple to wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Spray top of batter lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Serving: 1 muffin
- • Total Calories: 130
- • Calories from Fat: 40
- • Total Fat: 4.5 g
- • Saturated Fat: 1 g
- • Cholesterol: 10 mg
- • Sodium: 30 mg
- • Total Carbs: 9 g
- • Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- • Sugars: 3 g
- • Protein: 2 g
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More