- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Lb. (16 oz) Rinsed and sorted Split Peas
- Sea Salt, Black and White Pepper to taste
- 4 Ribs Celery
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Thyme leaves
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 4 Strips Jennie-O Turkey Bacon or any type of Canadian Bacon.
- OPTIONAL: 1 Carrot (omit for phase one)
- Mix all ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook on medium for about an hour. Stir constantly because soup can burn quickly! Add more water as needed to get the consistency you want. Top soup with reduced fat cheese or reduced fat Sour Cream drizzle and enjoy!
NotesI love split pea soup, but you aren't supposed to have carrots on phase one, and you can NEVER find split pea soup in the store without them. I decided to make it myself without the carrots...you don't even miss 'em!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More