- Cooking Time: 4-8 hours
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 16oz bag of dried green split
- 2 large ham hocks (have the butcher cut them in half)
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup onion, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, mashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 32oz carton chicken broth( add 1 1/2 and save the rest for later if needed)or use water.
- Layer ingredients in cooker in order given
- Pour broth or water.
- Do not stir!
- Cook on high 4-5 hours or low for 8-10 hours until peas are soft and ham falls off bone.
- Remove bones and bay leaf
- Mash peas to thicken more, if desired
- Add more broth or water to thin if to thick.
NotesThis is my mothers recipe for split pea soup made in the crockpot.
She uses the same recipe for navy bean soup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More