- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. dried split peas (2 c.)
- 3 qts. water
- 1 meaty ham bone, or 1 1/2 lbs. ham hocks
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. marjoram leaves
- 1 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 3/4 c. chopped carrots
- 3/4 c. chopped celery
- Combine peas and water in lrg. kettle. Bring to a boil. simmer 2 min. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 1 hr.
- Add ham bone, salt, pepper marjoram and onions. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hrs.
- Add carrots and celery. Continue simmering 'til tender, 30-40 min. Add more salt if necessary. Serve piping hot.
- Makes about 3 1/2 qts.
NotesGuess I'm in soup mode today!! LOL
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More