- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. dried split peas (2 c.)
- 3 qts. water
- 1 meaty ham bone, or 1 1/2 lbs. ham hocks
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. marjoram leaves
- 1 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 3/4 c. chopped carrots
- 3/4 c. chopped celery
- Combine peas and water in lrg. kettle. Bring to a boil. simmer 2 min. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 1 hr.
- Add ham bone, salt, pepper marjoram and onions. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hrs.
- Add carrots and celery. Continue simmering 'til tender, 30-40 min. Add more salt if necessary. Serve piping hot.
- Makes about 3 1/2 qts.
NotesGuess I'm in soup mode today!! LOL
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More