- Cooking Time: 12-15
- Servings: 1 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (18 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- Orange and black sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Knead cocoa powder into the dough; knead flour into the dough.
- Roll dough to a 1/4-inch thickness. Using a bat cookie cutter, cut out bat shapes. Insert a drinking straw at the top of the bat shapes for the eyes. Place cut outs on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until firm, 12-15 minutes; let cool completely.
- Line a 15x11-inch baking sheet with foil. Using a small offset spatula and working quickly, apply about 1/3 cup softened ice cream to half the cookies. Quickly place the remaining cookies, flat side down, onto ice-cream topped cookies.
- Place batwiches on prepared baking sheet and cover pan loosely with plastic wrap. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Roll the edges of the frozen batwiches in orange and black sprinkles, gently pressing so they adhere. Shake off excess. Serve immediately or wrap securely in plastic wrap and return to freezer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More