- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Black paste food coloring
- Orange and black M&M's
- Tart 'n' Tiny candies
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening, butter and confectioners' sugar. Stir in water and extracts. Remove 1/2 cup frosting to a small bowl; tint with black food coloring. Frost cupcakes with remaining white frosting.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag. Insert a small round #5 tip; fill bag with black frosting. Decorate cupcakes with black frosting and candies as desired.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
My Family Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More