- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis tasty recipe came from out of one of those Grocery Store counter magazines. The picture on the recipe is really cute. This is a real winner to make for the kids on Halloween. It looks Spooktacular!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Spray a 12 inch skillet with cooking spray and brown the ground beef and onions over medium high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain, if necessary.
- Set aside 12 peas from the mixed vegetables for garnish.
- Add the remaining frozen vegetables, tomatoes, and gravy to the ground beef.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the ground beef mixture into an ungreased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Mix together the mashed potatoes, Parmesan cheese and egg.
- Spoon onto the hot beef mixture in upright mounds to resemble ghosts.
- Place 2 reserved peas on each mound to resemble eyes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are set and mixture is thoroughly heated.