- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Spray a 12 inch skillet with cooking spray and brown the ground beef and onions over medium high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain, if necessary.
- Set aside 12 peas from the mixed vegetables for garnish.
- Add the remaining frozen vegetables, tomatoes, and gravy to the ground beef.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the ground beef mixture into an ungreased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Mix together the mashed potatoes, Parmesan cheese and egg.
- Spoon onto the hot beef mixture in upright mounds to resemble ghosts.
- Place 2 reserved peas on each mound to resemble eyes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are set and mixture is thoroughly heated.
NotesThis tasty recipe came from out of one of those Grocery Store counter magazines. The picture on the recipe is really cute. This is a real winner to make for the kids on Halloween. It looks Spooktacular!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More