- Cooking Time: 75
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup NESTLE NESQUIK Very Vanilla Flavor Powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 lollipop sticks
- 24 Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- PREHEAT oven to 200° F.
- Lightly grease and flour baking sheets.
- BEAT egg whites, salt and cream of tartar in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add Nesquik, sugar and vanilla extract; beat until stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy.
- Spoon meringue into gallon-size heavy plastic bag, then cut a 1/4" wide opening at the tip.
- PLACE sticks about 6 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Pipe meringue onto baking sheets into ghostly shapes about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, 3 to 4 inches wide and 4 to 6 inches long. To make eyes, lightly press morsels into meringues.
- BAKE for 1 hour, 15 minutes or until meringues are firm to the touch.
- Turn oven off. Allow meringues to cool in oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Slide spatula under meringues to release.
- Store at room temperature in airtight container for up to 3 days.
- NOTE: This is what I would do: I would line cookie sheet with parchment paper and draw the ghosts according to the dimensions above. Then pipe the meringue into the outline. Finally, insert the stick in the bottom 3rd of the ghost.
NotesSpookalicious! Bewitch your guests on Halloween night with this recipe for Spooky Sweets. With charming chocolate chip eyes and a magical vanilla flavor, these ghoulish treats are frightfully fun and easy to make. These boo-tiful ghosts are sure to have everyone screaming with delight!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Italy or Bust
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More