- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb lamb shoulder, cut into 1 1/2” cubes
- 2 T. butter
- 1 large Spanish onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1 stalk celery, mince
- 1 T. flour
- 1 C. dry white wine
- 1/2 C. water
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1/2 C. sweet peas
- Celery leaves, only the light green leaves from the heart of the bunch.
- Bouquet garni; 2 spring fresh rosemary, 3 sprigs fresh oregano, 1 bay leaf bond together with cotton string.
- Sear lamb in a heavy bottom stockpot over medium-high heat until well browned on all sides.
- Stir in butter, onion, chopped carrot and celery, reduce heat to medium and cook until onion is translucent. Add garlic, sprinkle and stir in flour.
- Add liquid and deglaze pan, add bouquet garni, increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for one hour.
- Remove meat to a bowl, strain liquid through a fine sieve. Return liquid and meat to the pot, and allow to simmer.
- Steam julienned carrots for 3 minutes.
- Parboil peas for 1 minute.
- Ladle meat and sauce into bowls, top with carrots and peas, garnish with celery leaves and serve.
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More