- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb lamb shoulder, cut into 1 1/2” cubes
- 2 T. butter
- 1 large Spanish onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1 stalk celery, mince
- 1 T. flour
- 1 C. dry white wine
- 1/2 C. water
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1/2 C. sweet peas
- Celery leaves, only the light green leaves from the heart of the bunch.
- Bouquet garni; 2 spring fresh rosemary, 3 sprigs fresh oregano, 1 bay leaf bond together with cotton string.
- Sear lamb in a heavy bottom stockpot over medium-high heat until well browned on all sides.
- Stir in butter, onion, chopped carrot and celery, reduce heat to medium and cook until onion is translucent. Add garlic, sprinkle and stir in flour.
- Add liquid and deglaze pan, add bouquet garni, increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for one hour.
- Remove meat to a bowl, strain liquid through a fine sieve. Return liquid and meat to the pot, and allow to simmer.
- Steam julienned carrots for 3 minutes.
- Parboil peas for 1 minute.
- Ladle meat and sauce into bowls, top with carrots and peas, garnish with celery leaves and serve.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wifeSee More
Baked Chicken Reuben
turkey and sweet potato hash
Cheddar Baked Potato SlicesSee More