- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 45
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (1 pound)
- coarse salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat broth and 2 1/2 cups water in a small saucepan over low heat; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, Add zucchini; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until zucchini is golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer zucchini to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion; cook until soft, 5 minutes. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Raise heat to medium. Add rice; cook, stirring, until translucent around edges, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine; cook until absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup hot broth at a time (stir until almost all liquid is absorbed before adding more), until rice is tender, for 25 to 30 minutes total.
NotesRich and creamy, risotto is Italian-style comfort food. imported Arborio rice makes the creamiest risotto. If your market doesn't have it, substitute medium- or long-grain white rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More