- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 45
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (1 pound)
- coarse salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat broth and 2 1/2 cups water in a small saucepan over low heat; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, Add zucchini; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until zucchini is golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer zucchini to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion; cook until soft, 5 minutes. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Raise heat to medium. Add rice; cook, stirring, until translucent around edges, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine; cook until absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup hot broth at a time (stir until almost all liquid is absorbed before adding more), until rice is tender, for 25 to 30 minutes total.
NotesRich and creamy, risotto is Italian-style comfort food. imported Arborio rice makes the creamiest risotto. If your market doesn't have it, substitute medium- or long-grain white rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Adventures in CookingSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More