- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/4 lb. shrimp, chopped (get the 21-25/lb since they have more flavor!)
- 1/2 can straw mushrooms, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded into fine julienne
- 1/4 lb bean sprouts
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1-2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil for stir frying mixture
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 12-15 rice papers
- oil for deep frying (peanut,canola, or grapeseed)
- lettuce leaves and mint for garnish and serving
- Over med-high heat, stirfry onion, shrimp and pork.
- Let sit for a bit and then turn up the heat and add sprouts, carrots and mushrooms until just barely cooked through.
- Season with pepper, fish sauce and sugar.
- Let rest to cool so that you can handle.
- Soak one rice paper with warm water until soft and pliable. Take the filling and fold into paper, being careful to tuck in both sides and both ends.
- Deep fry the rolls in oil (heated to 375F).
- Let them fry until golden brown.
- Serve wrapped in lettuce leaf with spring of mint, and dipped in sauce -- peanut sauce or cucumber sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More