- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/4 lb. shrimp, chopped (get the 21-25/lb since they have more flavor!)
- 1/2 can straw mushrooms, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded into fine julienne
- 1/4 lb bean sprouts
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1-2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil for stir frying mixture
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 12-15 rice papers
- oil for deep frying (peanut,canola, or grapeseed)
- lettuce leaves and mint for garnish and serving
- Over med-high heat, stirfry onion, shrimp and pork.
- Let sit for a bit and then turn up the heat and add sprouts, carrots and mushrooms until just barely cooked through.
- Season with pepper, fish sauce and sugar.
- Let rest to cool so that you can handle.
- Soak one rice paper with warm water until soft and pliable. Take the filling and fold into paper, being careful to tuck in both sides and both ends.
- Deep fry the rolls in oil (heated to 375F).
- Let them fry until golden brown.
- Serve wrapped in lettuce leaf with spring of mint, and dipped in sauce -- peanut sauce or cucumber sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More