- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups of fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 6 canned anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 TBS sherry vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- Dash or two of ground red pepper
- Dash of black pepper
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 TBS minced fresh green onion
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- the juice from one lemon
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Put the parsley and mint leaves into a food processor, pulse until combined. Add anchovies and next 5 ingredients. Process until well blended, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add ricotta and process until smooth
- Add yogurt, sour cream, onion and lemon juice, pulse just until blended.
- In a small saucepan put 2 TBS water, sprinkle gelatin over the water and let stand for 1 minute. Cook gelatin over low heat, stirring until its completely dissolved. Remove from heat and cool until its not steaming.
- Remove parsley mixture from the food processor, put into a nice serving bowl. Add gelatin, stirring well. Cover and chill.
- When ready to serve, garnish with either parsley sprigs, eatable flowers or nothing. Serve with pita chips, flat bread or your favorite dipping item. lucas
NotesThis is a recipe from Cooking Light's 1999 Annual cookbook. I never have any left when I make it. I have added the juice of one Meyer's lemon to the original recipe because I wanted a little more zip and because I have a tree right outside my door with a lot of lemons on it. Enjoy
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More