- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups of fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 6 canned anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 TBS sherry vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- Dash or two of ground red pepper
- Dash of black pepper
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 TBS minced fresh green onion
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- the juice from one lemon
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Put the parsley and mint leaves into a food processor, pulse until combined. Add anchovies and next 5 ingredients. Process until well blended, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add ricotta and process until smooth
- Add yogurt, sour cream, onion and lemon juice, pulse just until blended.
- In a small saucepan put 2 TBS water, sprinkle gelatin over the water and let stand for 1 minute. Cook gelatin over low heat, stirring until its completely dissolved. Remove from heat and cool until its not steaming.
- Remove parsley mixture from the food processor, put into a nice serving bowl. Add gelatin, stirring well. Cover and chill.
- When ready to serve, garnish with either parsley sprigs, eatable flowers or nothing. Serve with pita chips, flat bread or your favorite dipping item. lucas
NotesThis is a recipe from Cooking Light's 1999 Annual cookbook. I never have any left when I make it. I have added the juice of one Meyer's lemon to the original recipe because I wanted a little more zip and because I have a tree right outside my door with a lot of lemons on it. Enjoy
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More