- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb chuck steak - thick cut
- black pepper to season
- 1 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 2-3 medium yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup vidalia onion dressing
- 1 packet dry vegetable soup mix
- 2 cups water
- Season steak with black pepper and brown in pan (optional).
- In the bottom of crockpot, layer carrots, potatoes and onions.
- Place seasoned or browned steak on top of vegetables.
- Top with garlic.
- In separate bowl, combine soup mix, dressing and water.
- Pour mixture over steak.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours.
NotesAs I was watching Food Network this morning, Tyler Florence inspired me to make a pot roast. Rather than a traditional recipe, I concocted one using some random items in my pantry. As a result, our dinner was a springtime pot roast. It involves using vidalia onion dressing for sweetness and vegetable soup mix for additional light flavor.
I served my pot roast over couscous cooked in chicken broth and chopped parsley.
Koken met Oma
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More