- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb chuck steak - thick cut
- black pepper to season
- 1 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 2-3 medium yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup vidalia onion dressing
- 1 packet dry vegetable soup mix
- 2 cups water
- Season steak with black pepper and brown in pan (optional).
- In the bottom of crockpot, layer carrots, potatoes and onions.
- Place seasoned or browned steak on top of vegetables.
- Top with garlic.
- In separate bowl, combine soup mix, dressing and water.
- Pour mixture over steak.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours.
NotesAs I was watching Food Network this morning, Tyler Florence inspired me to make a pot roast. Rather than a traditional recipe, I concocted one using some random items in my pantry. As a result, our dinner was a springtime pot roast. It involves using vidalia onion dressing for sweetness and vegetable soup mix for additional light flavor.
I served my pot roast over couscous cooked in chicken broth and chopped parsley.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More