SPRINGTIME POT ROAST
Springtime Pot Roast
- 2 lb chuck steak - thick cut
- black pepper to season
- 1 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 2-3 medium yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup vidalia onion dressing
- 1 packet dry vegetable soup mix
- 2 cups water
Season steak with black pepper and brown in pan (optional).
In the bottom of crockpot, layer carrots, potatoes and onions.
Place seasoned or browned steak on top of vegetables.
Top with garlic.
In separate bowl, combine soup mix, dressing and water.
Pour mixture over steak.
Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours.
I served my pot roast over couscous cooked in chicken broth and chopped parsley.