- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 15
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 oz (1 stick) Butter, softened
- 3 3/4 cups Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- 1/8 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla (I love vanilla and add at least 3 times this amount)
- Cream the Cream Cheese, Butter and salt in a stand mixer (hand mixer works fine too) until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar until incorporated. (I have made this recipe many times without sifting the powdered sugar. So if you do not have the time, or do not have a way to sift, just add the powdered sugar a little at a time until fully mixed)
- Add Vanilla (Taste and add more if you would like)
- Food coloring can be added if desired, but try keeping mixing to a minimum.
- If frosting is too soft to ice easily, refrigerate for a sort time to stiffen it up.
NotesA large group of my friends are from Texas, and they just absolutely love Sprinkle's cupcakes. There is only one Sprinkle's bakery near us in California and it is over an hour away (on a good traffic day). We were shopping in Williams Sonoma and saw a cupcake mix from Sprinkle's bakery. Of course we bought it, and that is what started my fascination with cupcakes.
This is the frosting recipe that came with the Sprinkle's Red Velvet Cupcake Mix.