- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI found this recipe on Chef In Training Blog and changed it from 7-Up to Sprite just because we don't care to much for 7-Up but love Sprite! I also backed off a ½ cup on the soy sauce because I thought 1 cup would be a lot of soy sauce! I took the oil down from 1 cup to 1/3 cup since a whole cup of oil seemed like a lot as well! I'm glad I made the changes because it was perfect for us! You can see her original recipe by following the link below!
I thought the chicken tasted very oriental and it was very good but I really would have liked to have seen the horseradish flavor shine more! Next time there will be more horseradish for me! I love horseradish! The Sprite caramelized the chicken very nicely! This is very easy and takes just a couple of minutes to throw together! I let the chicken thaw over night and I threw it all together in just minutes before I walked out of the door for work! Everything was nice and marinated when I got home 8 hours later and when hubby got home an hour after me it was on the grill! I served it with cheesy rice and we had a very yummy meal! Can't have enough chicken recipes and this is another one added to the list!
- 2 cups Sprite or 7-Up
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon creamy horseradish
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together except chicken.
- Trim Chicken and poke holes with fork.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 and pour marinade over top and cover. Place in fridge.
- Marinade 8 hours or overnight
- Grill chicken on medium high heat 7-8 minutes per side or until temp reaches 165º, depending on your grill. Discard any remaining marinade.