- Cooking Time: 8-12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 stick (1 cup) Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 3 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together Butter, Sugar, and Vanilla, until pale in color, and creamy.
- Combine Flour and Salt together.
- Add in one Egg, and mix throughly. Repeat with second Egg.
- Add in Flour slowly, until fully incorporated.
- Scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheet, and then with the palm of you hand, press down on the cookies, until desired thickness.
- Bake for 8 - 12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned on the bottoms.
- I decorated the cookies by pressing a fork on the top of the cookies. Be careful though, if you make a criss cross pattern, people might confuse them for peanut butter cookies! Enjoy!
- - Keith
NotesThese cookies originate from Germany. There, they are known as Spritzgebäck. They are traditionally baked around Christmas time. They go great with coffee or tea!
The cookies themselves are a bit dry, and very vanilla-y (for lack of a better word)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More