- Cooking Time: 8-12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 stick (1 cup) Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 3 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together Butter, Sugar, and Vanilla, until pale in color, and creamy.
- Combine Flour and Salt together.
- Add in one Egg, and mix throughly. Repeat with second Egg.
- Add in Flour slowly, until fully incorporated.
- Scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheet, and then with the palm of you hand, press down on the cookies, until desired thickness.
- Bake for 8 - 12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned on the bottoms.
- I decorated the cookies by pressing a fork on the top of the cookies. Be careful though, if you make a criss cross pattern, people might confuse them for peanut butter cookies! Enjoy!
- - Keith
NotesThese cookies originate from Germany. There, they are known as Spritzgebäck. They are traditionally baked around Christmas time. They go great with coffee or tea!
The cookies themselves are a bit dry, and very vanilla-y (for lack of a better word)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Simple Homemade Favorites
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More