- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 or 3 ripe avocados, peeled and lightly mashed with fork
- 1 small onion, diced
- lime juice (2 or 3 TBLS) preferably fresh, but bottled is ok
- a big pinch of kosher salt
- Gently mix avocado & onion.
- Squeeze in a good bit of lime juice.
- Sprinkle in kosher salt.
- Mix gently.
- Here you have to keep tasting until you like it.
- I've also spiced it up with diced jalapeno (seeded & deveined) and some cilantro.
- Some people also add sour cream or diced tomatoes or salsa.
- My favorite is just basic guacamole!
- Make it an hour ahead of time.
- Store in refrigerator for flavors to mix.
- Be sure to wrap tightly with plastic wrap pressed directly onto the guacamole.
- That will prevent it from changing color.
- Serve with chips, burritos, fajitas, tacos, enchiladas on burgers or sandwiches!
NotesI like basic guac... but you can definitely make it to suit you!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More