- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 12 Hours
- 4 fresh yellow summer squash
- 2 fresh zucchini squash
- 2 lbs. fresh orka
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablepoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Trim off tops & ends of squash & orka.
- Pit orka in large bowl(I use an ice cream bucket)
- Cut squash in rounds. Add to orka & toss.
- Mix sugar, vinegar, salt & peppers, until sugar is dissolved. Pour over veggies & toss.
- Cover & let rest for 20 Min. Then shake the bowl.
- Let set an other 20 Min, shake bowel again.
- Refrigerate overnight. Shake bowl again before serving.
NotesAnother good way to use fresh garden vegetables.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More