- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 12 Hours
- 4 fresh yellow summer squash
- 2 fresh zucchini squash
- 2 lbs. fresh orka
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablepoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Trim off tops & ends of squash & orka.
- Pit orka in large bowl(I use an ice cream bucket)
- Cut squash in rounds. Add to orka & toss.
- Mix sugar, vinegar, salt & peppers, until sugar is dissolved. Pour over veggies & toss.
- Cover & let rest for 20 Min. Then shake the bowl.
- Let set an other 20 Min, shake bowel again.
- Refrigerate overnight. Shake bowl again before serving.
NotesAnother good way to use fresh garden vegetables.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More