- Cooking Time: 60 min
- Servings: 1 loaf
- Preparation Time: 10 (not incl puree)
- 1 c. butternut squash puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. fat (I used a mixture of melted butter and olive oil, it called for straight vegetable oil)
- 1/4 c. vanilla soy milk (original recipe calls for water...BORING!)
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 3/4-2 c. unbleached AP flour (doesn't have to be unbleached, but hey, it's better unbleached!)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. dark chocolate cocoa powder
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 degrees
- 1. Mix together squash puree, eggs, fat, soy milk, and sugars.
- 2. In a seperate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, kosher salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves, and cocoa powder.
- 3. Mix together wet and dry ingredient, and only mix until incorporated.
- 4. Pour combined mixture into a greased 8.5x4.5x2.5 loaf pan, and bake for 55-65 min or until wooden skewer comes out clean.
NotesAlways loved a good pumpkin bread, but we wanted to try it with other squash since we make squash puree and freeze it for use in all kinds of things.
I added somethings to the recipe I found specifically for butternut squash bread, and we will see how it goes...it is in the oven now!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More