- Cooking Time: 60 min
- Servings: 1 loaf
- Preparation Time: 10 (not incl puree)
- 1 c. butternut squash puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. fat (I used a mixture of melted butter and olive oil, it called for straight vegetable oil)
- 1/4 c. vanilla soy milk (original recipe calls for water...BORING!)
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 3/4-2 c. unbleached AP flour (doesn't have to be unbleached, but hey, it's better unbleached!)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. dark chocolate cocoa powder
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 degrees
- 1. Mix together squash puree, eggs, fat, soy milk, and sugars.
- 2. In a seperate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, kosher salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves, and cocoa powder.
- 3. Mix together wet and dry ingredient, and only mix until incorporated.
- 4. Pour combined mixture into a greased 8.5x4.5x2.5 loaf pan, and bake for 55-65 min or until wooden skewer comes out clean.
NotesAlways loved a good pumpkin bread, but we wanted to try it with other squash since we make squash puree and freeze it for use in all kinds of things.
I added somethings to the recipe I found specifically for butternut squash bread, and we will see how it goes...it is in the oven now!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More