- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 medium yellow squash (or 3 yellow and 3 zucchini)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 12 Saltine or Ritz crackers, crumbles (or more to taste)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350'
- grease 9X9 square dish
- Peal the squash and slice into 1/2' pieces. Boil squash and onion in 2" or so of salted water (you want to water to be about 1/2" over the veggies) Boil for 10 - 12 minutes until tender, then drain.
- Mash squash and onion - add 1/2 of the cheese, the mayo & cracker crumbs. Mix well. Stir in egg, butter and salt & pepper. Pour into baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 25 minutes until cheese melts and dish bubbles.
NotesMy mom gave me this recipe. I'm not sure where she got it though...maybe Paula Deen? Anyway...great way to use that summer squash from your garden.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More