- Cooking Time: 30-35 min.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- # 3 cups sliced yellow summer squash (1/4 inch thick)
- # 1 cups sliced zucchini (1/4 inch thick)
- # 1 medium onion, chopped
- # 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- # 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- # water
- # 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- # 1/2 cup butter, melted
- # 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- # 1 large carrot, shredded
- # 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- # 1/2 cup light sour cream
- # 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- # 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- # 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- # 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 4 ingredients; add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook until squash is tender, about 6 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
- Combine crumbs and butter; spoon half into a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soup, carrot, mayonnaise,sour cream, pimientos, sage, pepper and remaining salt; fold into squash mixture. Spoon over crumbs.
- Sprinkle with cheese and the remaining crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Simple Recipes that Work
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Nanci's World Famous Cannoli
Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad
Cinnamon Red Hot PicklesSee More