- Cooking Time: 30-35 min.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- # 3 cups sliced yellow summer squash (1/4 inch thick)
- # 1 cups sliced zucchini (1/4 inch thick)
- # 1 medium onion, chopped
- # 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- # 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- # water
- # 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- # 1/2 cup butter, melted
- # 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- # 1 large carrot, shredded
- # 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- # 1/2 cup light sour cream
- # 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- # 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- # 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- # 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 4 ingredients; add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook until squash is tender, about 6 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
- Combine crumbs and butter; spoon half into a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soup, carrot, mayonnaise,sour cream, pimientos, sage, pepper and remaining salt; fold into squash mixture. Spoon over crumbs.
- Sprinkle with cheese and the remaining crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More