- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 cups yellow crook neck or straight squash, sliced
- 16 fat-free saltines, crushed
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tbs butter
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1 cup ricotta or small curd cottage cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven: 350°F
- Cook slice squash in microwave with 1/4 c water until tender.
- Spray 9" square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Use half the precooked squash & place over the bottom of the dish.
- Add a layer of onion, and half the shredded cheese and ricotta or cottage cheese.
- Add the remaining squash & another layer of onions & cheese.
- In small bowl mix together cream, salt, melted butter, dill& black pepper.
- Pour this mixture over casserole.
- Add cracker crumbs on top & bake at 350°F for 20-25 min.
NotesA new yummy way to use up some of that extra summer squash!
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
The NourishFull Kitchen
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More