- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 cups yellow crook neck or straight squash, sliced
- 16 fat-free saltines, crushed
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tbs butter
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1 cup ricotta or small curd cottage cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven: 350°F
- Cook slice squash in microwave with 1/4 c water until tender.
- Spray 9" square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Use half the precooked squash & place over the bottom of the dish.
- Add a layer of onion, and half the shredded cheese and ricotta or cottage cheese.
- Add the remaining squash & another layer of onions & cheese.
- In small bowl mix together cream, salt, melted butter, dill& black pepper.
- Pour this mixture over casserole.
- Add cracker crumbs on top & bake at 350°F for 20-25 min.
NotesA new yummy way to use up some of that extra summer squash!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More